Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mistakes regularly left uncorrected

"Mistakes regularly left uncorrected." Daily Source. 6 Dec. 2009 www.dailysource.org/about/problems Copyright
2005-2009

A 1999 poll by the Columbia Journalism Review and the nonprofit research firm Public Agenda of 125 senior journalists nationwide found fully 70% of the respondents felt that most news organizations do a "poor" or "fair" job of informing the public about errors in their reporting. 91% think newsrooms need more open and candid internal idscussion of editorial mistakes and what to do about them. Almost four in ten of those people interviewed feel sure many factual errors are never corrected because reporters and editors are eager to hide their mistakes. Over 40% said their news organization does not even have a person designated to review and assess requests for corrections.

Wow, I never knew this many people, even journalists themselves think that mistakes are not covered properly. Personaly, I don't have any opinion about this issue, because I never watch TV news and I never know anything about something going on in the news that I personally know. I wish I knew some stuff about this world so that I can point out what is wrong about some news.

No comments:

Post a Comment