Thursday, September 3, 2009

Internet Addiction Center Opens in U.S.

Article written by NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Thursday, Sep. 03, 2009
The Internet Addiction Center meant to help people get out of internet addiction is called ReSTART. This center is, ironically, located in Redmond which is where the headquarter of the MicroSoft is located. This place opened July, 2009 and with $14000, offers 45 days program intended to help people get out of addiction such as: texting, ebay, facebook, video games, and other time killers. Some of the symptoms of internet addiction are: being preoccupied of thoughts of using internet, using longer than intended, and jeopardizing relationship with other people.

This article from Times was useful to me because I never knew that there was a center for curing internet addiction problems and also from the article, I found out that even though I think I spend lots of time using computer, I am not officially addicted to internet according to this article. But even though this article is useful to me, I don't think that this article is practicle for me because this interent addiction center is in Raymond, and this 45 days programs costs $14000.
I think this article is fairly good written. In the beggining of the article, the arthur gave us an example of a boy named Ben Alexander who has a internet addiction problem and wrote how this center have helped him overcome the addiction. I knowticed that with examples, I will be able to gain more trust of people who doesn't have much knowledge in certain topics I want to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. Alcohol and drug treatment center is an addiction center that offers modern and effective drug and alcohol recovery through cutting edge therapy and alcohol and drug counseling.

    ReplyDelete